Tuesday 7 July 2015

She'll be 30 in a few...

Heya,

So this is extremely so new to me but trust me i will give it my best shot!

First things first, are you feeling as great as I am? Lately, I have been very good actually. All my 29 years in this planet we call home have been FABULOUS! So am turning the big three zero (Confused about how am feeling about it btw... )  in a bit and today morning something happened while I was just about to get out of bed and it made me think, I really need to start writing these things down. No one can make this stuff up! My son ( Tristan, 4 years of age) gets up and tells me to get out of bed, and I being the most laziest person on earth in the morning, responded by saying that i needed to just chill and think a while before jumping out of bed.. he goes like" think about ?" I was so surprised because I was not ready to respond.. so I smiled and told him that I just needed to think about life. Even before I knew it, he was also back in his sleeping position, face now facing the ceiling and you wouldn't imaging how cute he sounded when he told me what he was doing.." I am thinking" About? I asked in a surprised voice..." Nothing" LOL. I was so so excited to just sit there and look at this little angel that I call my very own.

And that's how ladies and gents, I introduced my baby to this blog life that I am about to embark on.  He is the sweetest thing on earth, amazing inside out! I am not just saying that because he is my son, you need to meet this kid to believe it. He is called Tristan Nanzai Washika... has my eyes, nose and cheeks. I think he is very kind and confident for his age. At  first I was worried when i first found out that i was expecting. Was I too young (26 Years old, then)? Would I be a great mom? Those are some of the thoughts that lingered on my mind. But oh, life and mother nature have a way of just making things that not even Google can ever prep you for, make you look like you were born to do it. Parenthood is just the thing I love the most, and to be honest, I am so honored to be this kid's mom! So I will be turning 30 in a few days and boy am I in a good place. I look back and I feel so so blessed to have this little young one in my life.I have made many decisions in my life , and good ones not to forget, due to his presence in my life. I owe him BIG time. I can never put to words how he has impacted my life in a positive  manner. I hope that one day I can be able to just sit and have coffee with him and just tell him all these things.

Thirty has made me come to a whole lot of thinking. I have come to realize that if I need to make progress in my life, I have to change a few things in my life. At times, I feel like we often let a lot of thing go by just because we do not want to deal with the drama that comes with the honesty of how we really feel and want things or do not want things done. Be it by a loved one, colleague , friend, or even relative. So, my dear friends, I am willing to just keep it real! By keeping it real, I want to ensure that I say NO more often to things or situations that no longer feel right or comfortable. No for sugar coating, no for waiting a few days to say what I really ought to have said, just keep it real! If I feel like that dress does not really look good, instead of telling my friend she looks OK. ish, I'll tell them straight to their face that I have seen them in better clothes (clearly I cannot be a mean girl .. lol) but folks, here is the thing, even bad news can be made better, depending on how they are delivered! If the number of friends that I have so far reduces, I'll just know the root cause is my very new found honest trait... (trust me they are not that many anyway ). If I feel like I just want to sit home on a Friday night, chill as I watch my fave show, or just have a glass of vino, then that's exactly what I will do. Besides, life begins at thirty (some say 40, but Shell's...says 30)

Until next time, lets all be kind to one another folks! Cheers to turning 30.  

Psst ... I will definitely tell you how the party goes... let the countdown begin!

xoxo
S
This right here is the place I'd love to see myself on my 30th - Zanzibar!



5 comments:

  1. awwwww so proud of u sizz this is sooo refreshing and interesting cant wait to keep up with your every post amen to all the single mothers young and old. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks a lot dear... I am glad that you like the posts so far. Will keep them coming so keep on looking out for fresh content from time to time.
      Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the blog, you are an extraordinary woman��������and I look forward to reading more of Shell's Tales....I'm also counting down to the party!����Hair down, heels on (and flats in a clutch)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love..keep it up our kids will read this in 10 yrs..let them have a good read๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love.. as you know, i am now 32.. two years later i have actually looked back after reading this and i am now doing those things i mentioned on this blog. Yes i have lost a few friends... no regrets, just growth in different paths.

      Have been saying no often, no disrespect - but we all have different things that mean differently to each and every on of us. So yeah, living loving laughing. And oh , my son Nanzai... I still love him so so much. The only constant in my life!

      Delete