Thursday 12 October 2017

Sprahh... Simplified Elegance

Dear Friends,

It has been a long time since we last linked up here and I must say A LOT HAS HAPPENED! I want to share these things 1 by 1 and this is the first... but, before I tell you all about it, let me grab a  glass...brb

Sprahh...Simplified elegance.

So where were we? Yes, my new venture. Sprahh... Oh my love for jewellery never stops!  So I have a small business which I hope to one day make big. It is a jewelry selling business and I focus on unique yet simple but elegant pieces. I collect them from various places and sell them online. The prices are according to the market setting (everything under the sun has been done so no biggie...) but I  must say, I really love this side hustle! It gives me such pleasure to see my customer rock my pieces. The goo oohhh, ahhh... I'm so confused ..idk what to leave or what to pick.... it is just amazing! Satisfying them is my no. 1 drive.. and this goes for both men and women. 

Sprahh... what does it mean? Ask no more. I thought about the one thing that everyone loves...and I thought "surprises.. good surprises! Who does not like them? Sprahhhhiissee... I want them to feel so surprised that the pieces look so good, fit so well.... look so good on them... so the brand brings a lot of happiness, satisfaction but still wanting more because you can never have enough jewellery, right?

I had been selling from the boot of my car and you know what, it was actually not so bad. I have had customers throughout... some loyal ( and I am so grateful for their undying support towards my business) while others are one-off buyers. I hoped to one day be able to not hustle so hard... and just be a well-established company and I am blessed to say that I am almost there! I have grown, now selling in my sister's  shop where she sells hair and clothes. I have been working on making a stand for Sprahh which is almost done and hopefully, by next weekend it will be done. See more about us here

Why did I venture into this business?

Well, I do have a daytime job... a 9-5 kind of career which from time to time does not excite me as much. It can get boring sometimes... plus I was tired of the rat race. 😞😞😳  End month gets here and you are cringing your face, not even happy that you have the money because in the real sense - you don't. It is there but it is already allocated for! Pay these bills, the nanny, the car ...fix the house..etc. no money gets left to let you live the happy life that I envisage my son and I having. 

I imagine a life full of happiness...I wanna take my prince on holidays, get him his own go-kart, take him fishing in Naivasha... go on a desert safari... take him to Disney world... and I am afraid I will never be able to do those things if I'm still relying on my salary to pay my bills and lifestyle desires. Hence me starting the business. A better life for me and him.


Where do I want it to go?

I want to one day have my own store... where I design the look and feel... I need my customers to experience Sprahh... not just buy the pieces offered. You see, already with what I have, it is great. Women being my biggest followers, I do not have to work so hard to draw them to a physical store.All I need is to keep bringing the pieces that they are loving and all will be well.
 I see myself travelling and getting the jewellery myself! I even see myself designing some of the jewellery because I have an eye for great pieces.

I see Sprahh... becoming a store where all women, young and old - walk into to get amazing jewellery.

I am trying to see how to best work on my design skills so that the communication I push online can be better. There is so much for me to do.

In the mean, I will keep at it with my preparation for the bigger Sprahh goal. I know it will one day be a reality. Watch this space.  




" Success comes when preparation meets opportunity."

                                                                                          ...Zain Asha. 






No comments:

Post a Comment